Welcome to Plymouth Bridge Club, a friendly, thriving club in West Devon. Bridge is played in our own clubhouse complete with several playing rooms and refreshment facilities. We cater for all standards of bridge player and provide a full range of courses for beginners and improvers.
Do come and try us - bridge is a great social activity. You will be made very welcome. We look forward to seeing you - Jan will be very happy to help with further information - email Tel: 01752 665102.
Nov 15, 2016
- Club Christmas Dinner
The Club Christmas Dinner will take place on Saturday Evening 10th December. There are still a small number of places available for an evening that will include Christmas Dinner followed by an evening’s bridge. There is a place on the club noticeboard for members to sign up.
- Our Club Building
The first stage of our renovations of 1 Moor View Terrace are complete with damp proofing and external redecoration. Your committee are now turning their attention to the inside of the building and will be looking to improve the quality of the decorations and furnishings to improve the environment in which we play bridge. Watch this space for developments.
- New Members
We are pleased to welcome Sue Martin, Anne Palmer, Roger Barnett , Wim Wilendra and Val Lomax as new members of the club and hope they get many hours of pleasure playing Bridge in Plymouth.
Oct 17, 2016
The Christmas Party will be on Saturday 10 December, starting at 5.30pm. More details. Places are limited so make sure to book your place by emailimg Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 22, 2016
- Members' Charges for Bridge Sessions
There has in recent weeks been some confusion about members' charges for bridge sessions at the club. To clarify this the following will apply.
- The normal charge for the afternoon sessions on Mondays and Thursday will be £3 and will include tea or coffee. The evening charge will be £2.50.
- It was agreed that the duty Director and Scorer for the afternoon sessions would pay reduced table money of £1.50.
- Hosts will pay no fee and when they do not play have the fee waived at the next session they attend.
- Evening Hosting Arrangements
Having reviewed the arrangements for hosted bridge sessions the committee have decided that new players without partners will be asked to play at least twice with an experienced senior player to ensure that they are at a sufficient level to compete and enjoy the evening. In the event of people needing more skills development they will be advised about where they can obtain this. Completely open hosting arrangements will continue at the no fear sessions played during afternoons.
- 1 Moor View Terrace
Members will have noticed that the Bridge Club is currently surrounded in scaffolding. This is because work will start this week on repairs designed to address problems of damp in the building and will also involve the redecoration of the exterior.
Aug 26, 2016
- Danni has resigned as secretary: she has been replaced by Steve Lacey and Eileen Clout is the new vice chair.
- Work on the roof and repairs to the facade caused by damp penetrating from the roof will commence on September 14th to be overseen by Francis Bettinson. This means there will be scaffold to the whole building.
- Upon completion of the work the exterior will be painted, the committee will choose a colour at the at the next meeting.
- The next project for consideration by the committee is rewiring plus new radiators and central heating boiler.
- Andrew Robson will be visiting Devon next March and PBC has booked him for an evening. Details to follow.
all news >