Welcome to Plymouth Bridge Club, a friendly, thriving club in West Devon. Bridge is played in our own clubhouse complete with several playing rooms and refreshment facilities. We cater for all standards of bridge player and provide a full range of courses for beginners and improvers.
Do come and try us - bridge is a great social activity. You will be made very welcome. We look forward to seeing you - Jan will be very happy to help with further information - email Tel: 01752 665102.
Sep 22, 2016
- Members' Charges for Bridge Sessions
There has in recent weeks been some confusion about members' charges for bridge sessions at the club. To clarify this the following will apply.
- The normal charge for the afternoon sessions on Mondays and Thursday will be £3 and will include tea or coffee. The evening charge will be £2.50.
- It was agreed that the duty Director and Scorer for the afternoon sessions would pay reduced table money of £1.50.
- Hosts will pay no fee and when they do not play have the fee waived at the next session they attend.
- Evening Hosting Arrangements
Having reviewed the arrangements for hosted bridge sessions the committee have decided that new players without partners will be asked to play at least twice with an experienced senior player to ensure that they are at a sufficient level to compete and enjoy the evening. In the event of people needing more skills development they will be advised about where they can obtain this. Completely open hosting arrangements will continue at the no fear sessions played during afternoons.
- 1 Moor View Terrace
Members will have noticed that the Bridge Club is currently surrounded in scaffolding. This is because work will start this week on repairs designed to address problems of damp in the building and will also involve the redecoration of the exterior.
Aug 26, 2016
- Danni has resigned as secretary: she has been replaced by Steve Lacey and Eileen Clout is the new vice chair.
- Work on the roof and repairs to the facade caused by damp penetrating from the roof will commence on September 14th to be overseen by Francis Bettinson. This means there will be scaffold to the whole building.
- Upon completion of the work the exterior will be painted, the committee will choose a colour at the at the next meeting.
- The next project for consideration by the committee is rewiring plus new radiators and central heating boiler.
- Andrew Robson will be visiting Devon next March and PBC has booked him for an evening. Details to follow.
Aug 22, 2016
It is with great regret that we report the death of a much loved and respected member of PBC. Pat was a long time member of our club and also played regularly at Plymstock, she will be sorely missed. She was a very fit and active person until her illness took hold. Our condolences go to her family and friends. Her funeral will be held on Tuesday, 6 September at Weston Mill Crematorium at 2pm.
Jun 07, 2016
Congratulations to Liz Brown, Scott Brown, Ruth Hocking and Pam Hiscocks who have won the Catherine Gard Cup and to
Pam Hiscocks and Ruth Hocking who have won the Rupert Shiner Salver
all news >