16 April 2018

Tuesday, 01 May 2018 by





Minutes of the Club Committee meeting held on Monday 16th April 2018




               Steve Lacey – Chair

               Pete Tunnicliffe – Vice-Chair

               Charles Greenlees – Treasurer

Alan Simpson – Membership Secretary                                                                 

               Diane McGregor – Secretary

Digby Hole, Sue Murkin, Gill Seymour, Margaret Wotton, Jenny Young - Trustee

Apologies:  Richard Ayres, Ailie Henry


The Chairman welcomed Digby Hole, Gill Seymour, Allan Simpson and Margaret Wotton to the Committee.


1.            Minutes of meeting held on Monday 5th March 2018


The Minutes were approved as a correct record.


2.            Matters Arising From Minutes


GDPR  - Allan presented the Draft Privacy Policy, to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations which come into effect on the 28th May 2018, and New Membership Application form using the EBU template.  These two documents will be circulated to all Committee members for approval at the next meeting.  When approved an e-mail will be sent to all members. 

Conduct Sub-Committee - The Chairman had issued a verbal warning to the party involved.


3.            Matters left until after AGM


Course for Directors - It was thought that Liskeard Bridge Club may be holding a course in the near future, enquiries will be made.                                                        (Action Pete Tunnicliffe)

Evening Bridge – Monday evening Bridge now has a host and  Wednesday and Friday evening sessions have been well attended recently.

Tablecloths for tea room – Agreed to buy wipe clean tablecloths. 

( Action -Margaret Wotton)

4.            Correspondence


Membership Application Forms had been received from Pamela Keane and Alison Chatterton.  These were approved.  It was agreed that a Welcome letter be issued to any new members.

Scott and Liz Brown had resigned their membership from Plymouth Bridge Club, this was accepted.


5.            Treasurer’s Report


The Treasurer had produced a Profit and Loss Account as at the 31st March 2018, comparing the income for the first three months of 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.  Income appears to be down on previous years, this is mainly due to membership fees being paid in April rather than January.  Agreed to review the membership fee before the next AGM.  The Accounts were approved.  

Charles said that a second signatory for the Secure Trust would be needed as Anne Worthington had left the Committee.  Jenny Young agreed to be the signatory.


6.            Building, Maintenance and Improvements


               Charles had obtained three estimates to replace the roof:

South West Roofing - £10,281. To include scaffolding.

T.C. Roofing - £12,700

Paul Smoker Roofing - £13,736

Russell - £13,850.

It was agreed unanimously to accept the South West Roofing quote and for them to insulate the roof, at an additional cost of £2000, and repair the chimney, at a cost of £575, at the same time.


7.            Competitions Committee Report


Richard Ayres had expressed a wish to step down as the Chairman of the Competitions Committee, but would be happy to remain a member.  Pete Tunnicliffe agreed to be Chair and Andy Carpenter the third member of the Committee.


9.            Any other business


Room Booking – Gill Seymour was thanked for taking on this task.  She expressed concern that there was only one set of keys for the back door.  A second set to be purchased. 

It was agreed to display a notice of key holders in case of emergency.  A copy of ‘Notes for using the building’ to be issued to anyone hiring a room.

Cleaning – Charles presented Sue Murkin with a gift card as a token of our appreciation for undertaking the cleaning whilst Clare was indisposed.

Thanks – Our thanks to Myrna Webb who very kindly tidied up the front of the building.

Bridge Tables – John Allder had offered to repair the broken bridge tables.  The cost would be approximately £9 per table.  This offer was gratefully accepted.

Chess Club – The Chess Club had asked whether an ashtray could be provided outside the front door.  This was denied.

Bridge Lessons – Charles asked for suggestions to promote Bridge lessons at the Club.  To be discussed at the next meeting.

Telephone – The telephone in the kitchen does not seem to be working.  Charles to investigate.

Logo – It was suggested that the Club should have a logo.  To be discussed at the next meeting.


10.         Dates of Next Meetings


The next meeting will be held on Monday 30th April at 5.00 p.m.